You need a good pressure washer if you want to have clean porches, walls and vehicles like those seen on the TV. When you are searching for a quality pressure washer, it generally comes down to choosing between the electric pressure washer and the gas-powered one.
Gas pressure washers are more effective than the electric ones, as they can produce more power, but they are also expensive. Choosing a gas pressure washer for your home is not as easy as it might sound, as there are hundreds of manufacturers each claiming their product to be the best.
Here, we have prepared a list of some of the best gas pressure washers on the market.
Simpson MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer
Our Top Pick: Simpson MSH3125-S
The product from Simpson Cleaning comes with a powerful Honda engine and features maintenance free OEM technologies axial cam brass head pump with Power Boost technology to provide higher pressure at the nozzle. The Mor Flex high pressure hose featured on the unit is kink and abrasion resistant, provides flexibility, and is equipped with easy twist-on connectors.
The machine comes with 2 years of warranty on Honda GC engine, 1 year on frame and pump components, and 90 days on spray accessory items. The packaging also includes Honda GC190 premium residential engine oil.
- It features high-efficiency design to minimize engine load, and delivers top notch performance. Also, it is maintenance-free, oil bath lubrication system.
- It comes with a downstream detergent injection system for use of cleaners and an ergonomic spray gun with safety lock-out.
- The Honda engine is powerful and allows 3100 PSI of water pressure with 2.5 GPM of water flow.
- There have been complaints about the package lacking certain key parts when shipped to customers.
- Customer service could definitely be better.
The powerful engine and the pro-style steel spray wand equipped with a variety of nozzle tips such as 0, 15, 25, and 40 degrees, and soap applicator nozzle makes it the perfect cleaning solution for all your mud, dew, mold, grime, and dust issues. There have been mixed comments about the on-board accessory storage for spray gun/wand, high pressure hose, and nozzles, but these are handy features that are bound to make your job easier. It is good value for money.
Generac OHV Gas Powered Residential Pressure Washer
Generac is among the most popular manufacturers of gas powered pressure washers. The line of products is offered in four different models by the company, based on the water pressure, and the prices vary accordingly for each model.
These machines are available with axial cam pump, easy-access hose connections and also an ergonomic spray gun with cushion grip handle for ease of use. Also, they feature different quick-change nozzle tips, including the soap applicator.
- The assembly of the machine is quite easy if you properly study the instructions.
- The four different machines categorized based on the power; 2500 PSI, 2800 PSI, 2800 PSI – Carb, and 3100 PSI provide different buying options for users to meet their needs.
- The solid wand feels balanced in the hand and makes the job easier.
- The unit is really noisy.
- The holster for the wand is inconveniently placed in the center, directly above the engine.
The electric pressure washer from Generac is a powerful little machine that can be used to clean your vehicles, walls, and pretty much anything else you can think of. Generac has provided the option of choosing between 4 different versions, so the buyers can make their choice based on their power requirements. These machines are small, portable and the company focuses on maximum cleaning performance and reliability.
Powerstroke PS80519 2200 PSI Gas Pressure Washer
The 2200 PSI gas pressure washer from Power stroke is one of the most popular models of gas-powered washers. The machine runs on 140 cc motor, features ultra compact frame, and has been equipped with handy accessories such as convenient on-board hose, trigger gun, wand and nozzle storage compartment.
The unit is PWMA certified. Power stroke also offers other models of the machine if you are looking for increased power and efficiency. These will cost you more.
- The machine comes with precision 25 and 40 degree high pressure fan nozzles, low pressure soap nozzle and 21-inch chrome plated spray wand with quick connect nozzle coupler. This will enable you to handle all kinds of cleaning tasks with ease.
- The costumer service is really terrible. The machine is good while it lasts, but if you do happen to encounter some sort of problem and need to contact customer service, you are going to face a lot of useless hassle.
- The starter rope is difficult to pull with the water hose on. A solution is to hold the nozzle trigger in, while pulling the starter rope.
The line of gas pressure washers from Powerstroke is truly fantastic. The high-powered engine paired with numerous convenient features has been designed to take care of mold, dew, dust and mud from your objects. The unit is reasonably priced and will not disappoint you.
It’s got its fair share of pros and cons, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Other than the not-so-amazing customer service, the machine from Powerstroke is more than satisfactory.
All three products are quite superb, and simply choosing one is not an easy task. However, properly studying the features and comparing the pros and cons among the three products, Simpson Gas-Powered Washer slightly stands out above the rest. The superb Honda GC engine, multiple nozzle selection, convenient features, and warranty make it the best product on the list.
Generac is a fine product and works well, but it’s only the second best on our list because of its noisy nature. Powerstroke gas pressure washer on the other hand is among the best products in its category while it works, but the terrible customer service makes it the least appealing product on the list.
Make sure you study the review carefully in order to make an informed decision. It is a must that the product you choose should be able to fulfill all your cleaning requirements.