When shopping for a Generac pressure washer, you will find that there are many options out there to choose from. Considering what you are looking for will help you choose the right model for you. Each washer has its own positives and negatives. Generac is a company who manufacture a wide range of power products. They have a full line of industry-leading power washers that any household or commercial business can put to use.
Consider the pros and cons offered below to help you find the right power washer to suit your needs:
A Powerful Engine
When you shop for a power washer, you want one with a strong, durable engine. After all, this is what powers the water pressure. Depending on the intensity of the work you are using the washer for will determine how powerful of an engine you need.
- The Generac 6602 OneWash 4-In-1 PowerDial 3,100 PSI 2.8 GPM 212cc OHV Gas Powered Residential Pressure Washer provides the largest and most powerful engine in its class.
- Similarly, the Generac 6590 3,100 PSI 2.8 GPM 212cc OHV Gas Powered Commercial Pressure Washer has a similar strong engine, but it is a larger unit.
Control of the Water Pressure
Having variety in the pressure of water can be extremely important. The ability to change between different pressures is an excellent feature which many Generac models have.
- The Generac 6602 OneWash 4-In-1 PowerDial 3,100 PSI 2.8 GPM 212cc OHV Gas Powered Residential Pressure Washer offers a great variable pressure control. Simply turn the dial and easily adjust the intensity of the spray.
- The Factory-Reconditioned Generac 6692R 3,100 PSI 2.7 GPM Gas Pressure Washer also features a power dial to select the right power level. The Generac 6590 is also equipped with the pressure control valve.
Ease of Portability and Storability
When using a pressure washer, two of the greatest features it can have are sturdiness of the wheels and the ability to be stored easily. With quality wheels, the pressure washer you choose should be able to move with you as you move along. Then when you are finished, you want it to be compact to store well.
The below mentioned models are the best choices for these features since they have a folding handle and the oversized never-flat tires.
- Generac 6590 and
- Generac 6602 OneWash 4-In-1 PowerDial
- Generac 6922 2800 PSI 2.4 GPM Pressure Washer
The Factory-Reconditioned Generac 6692R also has a fold down handle and thinner wheels.
One of the aspects that make people frustrated with a pressure washer is the level of noise. The engines can be very loud on these machines, so it is important for many to find one that is a bit quieter.
Here is what we have found:
Any of the models would be a good choice, as they are made to be quieter when possible.
The Generac 6602 OneWash 4-In-1 PowerDial 3,100 PSI and the Generac 6590 may be a bit louder because they have larger engines, so just determine what is important to you.
Owning your own pressure washer can be costly up front. Provided there is little maintenance and a lot of use, it may be worth it for you. These machines are not inexpensive, but some are better than others.
If you are looking for the least expensive option, then
- Generac 6922 is the best choice as the MSRP is at $299
- Generac OneWash starts from $399
- Generac 5690 sits at $599.
Hose Storage and Quality
Some people can be disappointed in the quality of the hose itself and the hose storage on the pressure washer. Some are better than others, but many recommend the purchase of new hoses.
It is said that the hose on the Generac 6922 is of poor quality and tends to spring holes and develop kinks.
A pressure washer is a machine first and foremost. Since it is a machine, things break or just do not work, and then it needs to be taken into a shop for repair. When choosing a washer, you want to find one that tends to have to be taken in the least.
Each one of the machines mentioned is not perfect and may need to be taken in for repairs from time to time. The sturdiest is the Generac 6590 because of its commercial purchases. Keep in mind the Factory-Reconditioned Generac 6692R is a reconditioned product and has less of a warranty.
Keeping in line with all the Pros and cons we have found the best models to be:
- Generac 6602 OneWash
- Generac 6922 (you can replace the hose)
- Generac 6590
Now the choice is yours!