Just like the name suggests, an electric pressure washer comes with a motor that is run by electricity. The machine can’t work unless it’s connected to a power source. The advantage of using a pressure washer is that you can clean a wide area within a very short time. When water is going into the washer machine, it has less pressure. It’s actually the motor that increases the output of the machine. Due to its great pressure, the electric washer is commonly used in cleaning driveways, vehicles, furniture and walls among many other things.
However, caution must be observed when using an electric washer. The machine should not be used on smooth surfaces because the water has enough pressure to wear out such surfaces. Besides that, you should never leave the machine unattended. Pointing the water at electric sockets or power lines is dangerous because it may result in serious injuries due to shock so you should wear protective clothing while using this equipment. Gumboots in particular help in preventing skin inflammation in case the water lands on your legs. It’s also important to avoid spraying people and animals because the detergents used in the machines might irritate their skin and eyes.
How To Choose The Best Electric Pressure Washer
There are many electric pressure washers in the market. However, each model comes with its own unique features. Regardless of that, there are some basic features that should be present in every machine. Since the energy used in electric washers is measured in amps, you should pay attention to the power rating of the equipment that appeals to you. A washer with a high amps rating will definitely give you a higher output than the one with low amps rating.
Electric washers have two types of pumps - an axial cam pump or a triplex pump. If you intend to use your machine regularly, it’s recommended that you opt for a triplex pump because it’s very durable. The axial pump, on the other hand, is meant for residential use. This type of a pump is therefore not suitable for heavy users. A washer that has a triplex pump will definitely cost more than equipment that has an axial pump. The ability to switch between nozzles will give you an edge when cleaning any surface. A washer that comes with a permanent nozzle will limit you because you can’t increase or reduce the pressure of the water as you wish. When pressure is set high, you can focus on a small area and remove all the debris on that surface. But when pressure is low, you can clean a wide area.
What To Look For In A Good Electric Pressure Washer
An electric pressure washer is very useful when you want to remove dirt, grime, worn-out paint and other unwanted materials on any given surface. A good electric pressure washer should come with a wand that’s expandable. With such a wand, you can adjust the length so that you are able to clean areas that are too high for you. Moreover, it gives you the flexibility of cleaning from a distance. For instance, when you’re cleaning a roof or the gutters, you don’t need to use a ladder because the wand can go all the way. Some wands come with rotating jets that make it easier to remove spots on any surface.
The ability to inject detergent or any other cleaning agent is crucial. If you can’t inject detergent into your washer machine, then you will have a hard task of applying the soap manually, which is very cumbersome in the long-run, especially when you’re washing areas that are hard to reach. Most washers come fitted with an internal tank. When you put detergent into the onboard tank, it will be mixed with water when you’re spraying. It’s also important for an electric washer to have a thermal relief function to prevent it from breaking down due to overheating.
Karcher K3 Follow Me Electric Pressure Washer
The Karcher K3 Follow Me Electric Pressure Washer follows you everywhere you go. This electric pressure washer comes with big rear wheels and front casters to enable it move around. This eliminates the need for stopping many times to move the equipment to a different area. Linking the washer to a water source is very easy because it has a quick connection system that’s compatible with most hose pipes. You only need to press on the pipe and it will be held firmly.
The machine is run by an N-Cor pump that has a long lifespan due to its ability to self-prime and siphon. You can therefore use water from a pond or a tap. The pump is also resistant to corrosion. Moreover, the electric pressure washer has molded gun storage for keeping the trigger gun in when it’s not being used.
- Four wheels: The washer has two big wheels at the back and small casters at the front for simplified navigation. The washer goes after you when you pull the hose.
- Quick Connect System: The equipment locks well with all hose pipe connections.
- N-Cor pump: This type of a pump lasts long because it doesn’t corrode. Moreover, it primes itself.
- Molded trigger gun storage: The gun is kept safely inside the onboard chamber.
- 15 feet hose: The hose of the washer is long enough to enable you clean areas while you’re away from the machine.
- 800 PSI: The washer generates a high amount of pressure to remove all stains.
- 1.3 GPM: The machine releases 1.3 gallons per minute, which is very economical.
Advantages of Karcher K3 Follow Me Electric Pressure Washer
- Onboard Detergent Tank: The washer is fitted with the tank for injecting detergent. The tank is detachable and you can therefore remove it when it's not needed.
- Child Safety Lock on the Trigger Gun: The locks prevents accidental starts that are likely to happen when you have kids around.
- DirtBlaster Spray Wand: The washer has a wand that releases water at a much higher pressure. This wand is ideal when you are cleaning dusty driveways and pavements.
- Vario Power Spray (VPS) Wand: Raises the pressure water within the wand.
Things To Look Out For In Karcher K3 Follow Me Electric Pressure Washer
Though it’s the best electric pressure washer, it can only be used in areas that are connected to the national grid. This is due to the fact that it’s powered by electricity. It would have been better if the washer had a gas option. The other downside is that it’s hard for the washer to move on a rough landscape.
The Karcher K3 Follow Me Electric Pressure Washer is in a league of its own because it rolls on four wheels. Using it is therefore fun due to the fact that you don’t have to carry it to a different section. The washer has a hose pipe that measures 15 feet to enable you clean a wide area without bringing the machine closer to you. The wands are interchangeable and there is an in-built tank for storing detergent.
GreenWorks Hand Carry Electric Pressure Washer
The GreenWorks Hand Carry Electric Pressure Washer has a strong base that enables it to stand on its own. The washer machine has a handle at the top so that you can move it from one place to another. The washer is run by a powerful 13 amp motor. Due to its compact design, the washer machine is highly portable. In fact, it’s very light because it’s made from light plastic material. Its housing is designed to withstand water that can damage the motor.
The pressure washer uses 1.1 gallons of water per minute, which makes it very efficient. Besides that, the package comes with nozzles of varied angles to enable you undertake different tasks. Whether you’re cleaning windows, cars, driveways or pavements, the GreenWorks electric pressure washer is the best cleaning equipment. You can clean a wide area while the washer is still plugged to the power socket because the power cord measures 35 feet. The hose of the washer can also go a long way as it’s 20 feet long.
- 1500 PSI at 1.2 GPM: The pressure washer produces an output of high intensity while using very little water. The pressure is enough to remove grime and other unwanted materials.
- Soap applicator: The deal includes a special applicator for spraying soap onto the surface that is to be cleaned. The applicator is not permanently fixed so it can be removed and reinstalled over and over.
- Waterproof casing: The equipment has a casing that’s made from high-quality plastic that’s resistant to water.
- Carrying handle: A rugged handle is fixed at the top of the washer to enable you move it around.
Advantages of GreenWorks Hand Carry Electric Pressure Washer
- 35 feet power cord: The power cable is conveniently long enough to let you to tap into any power source without being limited by distance.
- 20 ft. High pressure hose: The outlet hose is generously long so that you can clean surfaces without stopping to bring the machine closer.
- 25° and 40° quick connect tip: The package comes with customized nozzles for cleaning areas that are not easy to reach.
- 13 amp motor: The washer is run by a powerful motor that delivers a great output.
Things To Look Out For In GreenWorks Hand Carry Electric Pressure Washer
The pressure washer lacks internal storage for the trigger gun. Additionally, it doesn’t have a child lock for preventing unwanted starts. You can’t use this washer in an area that’s off the national grid.
The GreenWorks Hand Carry Electric Pressure Washer is reliable equipment. For a start, the washer has a compact design and it’s therefore lightweight. A handle is integrated with the washer for stress-free portability. The power cord and hose pipe are really long to let you work a few meters away. The washer uses only 1.2 GPM and produces an output of 1500 PSI.
AR Blue Clean Electric Pressure Washer
The AR Blue Clean Electric Pressure Washer is run by a 14 amp motor. The washer is fitted on a two wheel trolley. It’s therefore easier to move the pressure washer to another place by pulling it behind you. The jet of the nozzle is designed to be adjustable. The hose is coiled into a reel that unfolds as you go. A hand crank is provided for unwinding the reel. The hose is actually 20 feet long. Besides that, you can adjust the length of the wand using the extension wand that’s included in the package.
The washer comes with a Total Stop System that is integrated with the trigger gun so that the machine starts when you pull the trigger. The machine is connected to a power source via a 30 feet power cord. With such a length, you can go as far as you can. The package comes with a removable detergent bottle.
- Annovi Reverberi Triplex 3 axial-piston pump: The pump is highly-durable which makes it ideal for commercial use.
- 1,900 PSI, 1.5 GPM: The washer delivers high output while using minimal amount of water.
- Total Stop System: Power to the washer is controlled by the trigger gun.
- 14 amp motor: The washer is run by a powerful motor that’s inside a waterproof casing.
Advantages of AR Blue Clean Electric Pressure Washer
- Two wheel trolley: Facilitates easy movement of the pressure washer.
- 35 feet power cord: The long power cable enables you to use the machine without being limited by distance.
- 20 feet hose: Lets you clean many areas while the washer machine is several meters away.
- Hose reel with hand crank: Keeps your working place organized by keeping the power cord in one place.
- Detergent bottle: Provides storage for the soap.
- Adjustable wand: You can increase the length of the wand by attaching it to an extension.
- Rotating nozzles: They enable you to clean areas that are congested.
Things To Look Out For In AR Blue Clean Electric Pressure Washer
This electric pressure washer doesn’t come with an alternative power option which means it can’t be used in off-grid areas. Other than that, the machine is costly and does not come with a child lock for avoiding accidental starts. Moreover, there is no place for hooking the trigger gun after use.
The AR Blue Clean Electric Pressure Washer is a deal worth trying. The washer has a strong 14 amp motor that generates an output of 19,000 PSI and uses 1.5 gallons per minute. Moving the washer to another project is like a walk in the park because it’s fixed on a two wheel trolley. The hose pipe can go as far as 20 feet while the power cord measures 35 feet, giving you total freedom to clean multiple areas while the machine is at one point.
AR Blue Clean AR390SS Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer
The AR Blue Clean AR390SS Water Electric Pressure Washer comes with a two-wheeled trolley to enable you move it around at ease. The machine has an onboard storage for the wand. A reel and a hand crank provide ample storage space for the hose pipe. There is another reel for the power cord on the side so that you can reach many areas from one point. The pump of the washer is made from aluminum to prevent it from rusting. Moreover, the pump is run by a 13 amp motor.
The machine has an adjustable Spray Lance and Turbo Lance nozzles for cleaning at high and low pressure respectively. The hose is 20 feet long while the power cord can reach 35 feet away from the washer machine. The pressure washer produces 1700 PSI and uses 1.4 gallons per minute. The deal is secured by a 1 year warranty.
- In-built soap tank: The washer has an enclosed tank for storing detergent.
- Two wheel trolley: Lets you pull or push the washer machine to a different location within your home.
- 20 feet hose: Allows you to clean areas that are far away, such as the roof and walls.
- 35 feet power cord: You can tap to a power source without paying attention to distance.
Advantages of AR Blue Clean AR390SS Electric Pressure Washer
- Aluminum pump: The pump is constructed from durable aluminum to make it resistant to rusting.
- 13 amp motor: The pump run on a 13 amp motor is protected by a waterproof casing.
- 1.4 GPM: The washer consumes 1.4 gallons per minute which helps in saving water.
- 1700 PSI: The machine gives an output of 1700 pounds per square inch.
- Onboard trigger gun storage: The washer has internal storage for keeping the trigger gun and the wand in to avoid misplacing them.
- Reel and hand crank: Provides sufficient storage for the hose pipe.
Things To Look Out For In AR Blue Clean AR390SS Electric Pressure Washer
The pressure washer is very expensive when compared with other machines in the same category. The machine can only be used in areas that have access to electricity. Additionally, the washer lacks a child lock for avoiding unwanted starts.
The AR Blue Clean AR390SS Water Electric Pressure Washer is designed to be fun to use. The washer has a two wheel trolley that makes it highly-portable. There is onboard storage for holding the trigger gun and wand and a large storage for the hose and power cable to avoid leaving them lying on the ground. The pump is made from aluminum which enhances its durability.
Sun Joe Electric Pressure Washer
The Sun Joe Electric Pressure Washer has two wheels for easy transportation. You can pull or push it to move it wherever you want it to go. The washer has a 14.5 high performance amp which makes it suitable for high-frequency users. There is no dirt, grime or any stain that’s too strong for this pressure washer because it produces 2030 PSI and uses 1.76 GPM. The machine has a casing that’s made from high quality plastic material which makes it resistant to water.
The washer machine has a Total Stop System that causes it to go off or on when the trigger is pulled. The hose extends up to 20 feet away to give you the flexibility of cleaning surfaces at different angles. The power cable can go up to 35 feet from the machine. You can therefore be sure that distance will not limit you, no matter how far the power socket is.
- Two wheel trolley: For stress-free mobility within your compound. It supports pulling and pushing.
- Garden pipe adapter: The washer has a female connector for attaching to a water pipe.
- In-built dual detergent tank: Used for keeping soap that is used while cleaning.
- 2 year warranty: The pressure washer can be repaired free of charge if it gets damaged before the warranty expires.
Advantages of Sun Joe Electric Pressure Washer
- 20 feet hose: You don’t have to waste time moving the washer whenever you move.
- 35 feet power cord: Gives you the freedom of moving away from the power source.
- Detergent selector dial: Lets you use your preferred detergent because there can be two types of soaps.
- On board wand storage: The washer comes with a wand holder for keeping it in after use.
Things To Look Out For In Sun Joe Electric Pressure Washer
The pressure washer limits you to areas that are connected to the national grid because it lacks an alternative power option. The machine is costly and doesn’t have a child lock for keeping accidental starts at bay.
The Sun Joe Electric Pressure Washer is a top-rated product. The power button is conveniently placed within the trigger gun so that you can start and stop it instantly. The washer has two wheel trolley that enables you to move it easily without lifting it from the ground. Besides that, a garden pipe adapter is included in the package for quick connections. You can reach any surface because the hose of the washer is 20 feet long. The power cord is 35 feet long to enable you to clean further and wider. With all these outstanding features, it’s definitely the best electric pressure washer in the market.