Power washers are the perfect cleaning tools whether you want to get rid of dew, mold, grime, dust, or mud from your vehicle, walls, patios and so on. There are different types available on the market, but the two major include electric-powered and gas-powered.
You always get what you pay for with these products. Higher end devices are capable of more pressure, are more comfortable to use,and come with numerous features, but they also cost significantly more than your average washing systems. Gas-powered washers are generally more expensive as they are more powerful.
Here, we have comprised a list of both gas-powered and electric washer to help you make your decision.
Simpson PS3228-S PowerShot Gas Pressure Washer
Our Top Pick: Simpson PS3228-S
The PS3228-S Simpson power washer runs on the Honda GX200 HV commercial series engine. The machine featuring Oil Alert starts easy, runs smoothly, and delivers high output. The AAA industrial triplex plunger pump with ceramic coated pistons and Power Boost technology provides higher pressure at the nozzle and the poly-braided hose is non-marring, and resistant to kink and abrasion.
The machine is capable of generating 3200 PSI pressure and 2.8 GPM of water flow. You can always opt for the more advanced models of the product that is capable of generating up to 4200 PSI pressure and 4.0 GPM of water flow for maximum cleaning power. Keep in mind that this will also cost you more.
- It features pro-style steel spray wand with 5 stainless steel quick connect nozzle tips (0, 15, 25, 40 degree, and soap applicator).
- With its welded steel construction, solid steel axle and heavy gauge frame components, you can be assured that the product has been designed to last.
- The Thermal Relief System has been put in to protect the pump from overheating.
- The only major con with this unit seems to be the possible damage during shipment.
- There have been complaints about the High pressure relief valve cap turning loose, causing o-ring failure, faster than one would like for such a pricey product.
It’s a high-end gas power washer from Simpson. The power is amazing, and the product has been designed to last with its heavy-grade construction. The spray wand and quick connect nozzle tips work well to clean pretty much anything you can think of.
The machine is backed by a trustworthy customer service, and the company itself offers you a 3 year Commercial Limited Warranty on the engine and a 5 year 5 year Commercial Limited Warranty on the AAA Comet Industrial Triplex pump.
AR Blue Clean AR390SS Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer
The machine from AR is one of the most powerful electric pressure washers on the market in its price range. It is capable of producing 2000 PSI of water pressure, which should be enough for all your regular cleaning duties.
The device is easy to assemble as long as you read the instructions carefully. Most negative comments about the machine leaking were probably due to the improper assembly of the washer. Typical garden hose cannot even be compared to this bad-boy, as it holds 40 times more power and the company claims it to save 80% water. Also, it is PWMA certified.
- The on-board storage space prevents the accessories from being misplaced.
- The unit is easy to assemble, and you can start the motor right away; just make sure you study the manual that comes with it.
- The variety of nozzle tips makes cleaning all the more easier. You just have to know what to use. For instance, use a turbo nozzle for tough jobs (this increases the power by up to 50 percent), and for the less-intense cleaning use the fan spray nozzle, pencil spray or the low pressure detergent nozzle, depending on what works best.
- The hose isn’t upgraded as advertised, and getting to work with the pre-packaged hose might invite a series of problems.
- You will need to manually change the tips to switch to a different spray.
The machine from AR is a fantastic product that will definitely fulfill all your cleaning requirements. It doesn’t feature enough power compared to the high-end gas powered washing systems, but 2000PSI of pressure should be enough for your regular use.
The machine is reasonably priced and comes with plenty of features to make cleaning much easier. There have been complaints about the hose reel not being user-friendly, but apart from that it’s a great value for money, and does its job well.
GreenWorks GW1501 13 AMP Hand Carry Electric Pressure Washer
The lightweight, compact, hand-carry electric pressure washer features universal motor for easy storage and transportation. It is capable of producing 1500 PSI of water pressure and 1.2 GPM of water flow, which makes it ideal for cleaning cars, patios and smaller surfaces. The 20 ft high pressure hose and 35 ft electric cable give you the freedom to move around.
It’s really lightweight, starts easily, and is much quieter than gas powered washers. If you need more power, you can purchase advanced versions of the model from the company that offers up to 1950 PSI pressure + built-in soap tank.
- It is inexpensive and offers plenty of power for effective cleaning if you are on low-budget.
- It’s a simple electric washer, so it fails to generate above 1500 PSI of pressure. If you need more power you should opt for higher-end models.
- It tends to fall over easily while in use.
- There have been few complaints about the constant burning smell produced by the machine.
This low-budget machine is perfect for you if this is your first time purchasing a power washer or you cannot afford any high end models. This will work perfectly on cars, patios, or small surfaces. The power is limited, but then again, you don’t have to pay hundreds of dollars. It’s a decent machine and definitely a bargain for its price tag. However, keep in mind that it might be flimsy and is likely to damage easily, so handle it with care.
Going by the features, Simpson Power Shot gas pressure washer is undoubtedly the best product on the list. It is highly powerful, and it’s second best to none. Also, you can even opt for more advanced versions of the model that can generate even more power. It is quite expensive, but if you can spare the dough, you are going to enjoy this product for years.
AR electric washer is a slightly cheaper alternative for those looking for average pressure washers. It is not as powerful as the Simpson’s, but will definitely get all your cleaning chores done. Last, but not the least on our list is the low-budget electric pressure washer from Greenworks. The features are limited, but it all comes down to what you want in a product. It’s great for cleaning cars and smaller surfaces.
Make sure you know what you want when you are doing your research. You don’t need a high-end gas powered washer if you are only going to use it to wash cars. Properly study the review and consider your requirements in order to make an informed decision.