If you find that you only need a pressure washer once or twice a year, you may not want to purchase your own. Why spend a lot of money when you can get the job done with less? There are many places where you can rent a pressure washer and thus save.
Why use a pressure washer?
Pressure washers are used in a residential capacity to clean home siding, patios, cars, sheds and other outdoor areas. Pressure washers can also be used for businesses to wash industrial areas or buildings. Pressure washers make cleaning outside areas easier. Many are equipped with a container for detergents and soaps if needed. The pressure easily washes away dirt and grime from the harsh winter season, refreshing the look for the spring. A pressure washer will also help you get those hard to reach places.
Why rent a pressure washer?
Purchasing a pressure washer can be expensive. You do not want to spend hundreds of dollars on a machine you will only use one day a year. Pressure washer rental is a great way to get the cleaning you are looking for, without spending too much money.
Additionally, you could hire a professional pressure washer, but that can be expensive too. If you can do the job yourself, it will save you money, and it can also be a fun afternoon.
The benefits of pressure washer rental include:
- No maintenance required. There is no upkeep if the washer is not yours.
- No need for storage. You do not have to give up garage space to store the washer.
- Renting will cost less than buying a pressure washer.
There are a few negatives to pressure washer rental, but weighing the factors, you may find that rental is the best choice.
- You will be doing all of the work yourself (This may be a good exercise for you)
- You must ask your rental agent about the water discharge, as this entering the storm drain may be regulated in your area. Non-compliance may lead to fines.
- A professional may do a more thorough job, and depending on the job may cost less.
- Owning a pressure washer may only cost you two to three times what renting one for a day costs. However, you are likely not going to be able to purchase one at as high of a quality as you can rent one.
What are the different types of pressure washers?
You must consider the type of job you have to determine which type of pressure washer you want to rent. The main types are hot water pressure washer rental, heavy duty gas powered pressure washer rental, medium duty gas powered pressure washer rental or electric pressure washer rental.
Below are some features of each type to help you make your decision.
- Hot Water Pressure Washer
- This washer combines hot water, high pressure and soap, and is a fierce cleaner against stains, dirt, grime, algae or bacteria.
- The pressure and flow rates vary between 2,500 and 3,500 PSI.
- It generates hot water by an onboard diesel or kerosene burner.
- Heavy duty gas powered pressure washer
- This washer has a pressure and flow rate of over 2,800 PSI.
- It is ideal for large jobs like parking lots, garages, siding, etc.
- Medium duty gas powered pressure washer
- These engines have a lighter pressure at 2,800 PSI or lower.
- For general jobs around the home, these work well.
- The washer is affordable and easy to operate.
- Electric power washer
- An even lower PSI at 1,400, these are good for smaller jobs.
- An electric washer is quieter, can be used indoors.
- It does not have to be refueled, and costs less in general.
How much do pressure washer rentals cost?
If you have decided that renting a washer is the best choice for you, there are many large and small outlets that will have the type of washer you are looking for. There are always local locations that provide pressure washer rental. You can find these online and contact them to see if their pricing is better than the chain stores. Chain stores where you might find rentals include Home Depot and Hertz Equipment. Lowes pressure washer rental is also available, but only through select stores. Contact your local store for pricing.
Provided here are larger chain stores where you can find rentals and their average cost for daily rental.
Home Depot offers electric pressure washer rentals. Provided is a
- 1,400 PSI washer designed for all purpose cleaning. The average cost is $27.00 for four hours, or $39.00 per day. There is also a $75.00 deposit. You can also rent this washer for one week or four weeks.
- A 2,000 to 2,700 PSI medium duty gas fueled pressure washer is also available. It is a high-performing machine that travels easily, and is ideal for home, light construction and paint preparation. The average cost is $55.00 for four hours, or $79.00 per day. There is also a $100.00 deposit. You can also rent this washer for one week or four weeks.
- A more heavy duty washer at 3,500 PSI. This is used for cleaning construction or farming equipment, and other industrial purposes. The average cost is $67.00 for four hours, or $96.00 per day. There is also a $125.00 deposit. You can also rent this washer for one week or four weeks.
- Hot water washers at $110.00 per day, plus a deposit.
- Heavy duty 3,000 PSI pressure washer that is trailer mounded and uses diesel gas. The average cost is $132.00 per day. A 4,000 PSI gas washer will cost on average $110 per day. Fees and other charges are not included.
- A medium duty gas washer may be available at 2,000 PSI. The average cost is $132.00 per day. These are also available for one week and four weeks. Fees and other charges are not included.
- A gas hot water pressure washer. These rates vary by location.
Many locations, such as Home Depot, offer the additional attraction of renting pressure washer accessories, such as surface cleaners. Surface cleaners make cleaning side-walks and patios easier. These can range from $30.00 to $60.00 per day.
Depending on your purpose, pressure washer rental can give you the experience you need to determine if you perhaps want to purchase one, or continue to rent one. For temporary usage renting is the best option.